click and drag to aim and build velocity ????

trying to figure out if there is a way with logic bricks to click an object drag back and build velocity to launch in the opposite direction cant find it anywhere on the forum please help!!!

It would be easy with python. All I can think of with bricks is: the object uses the steering actuator to go towards a target, for a duration (delay sensor). Dragging the object is not possible with logic I think. It would be super easy to do with Python. I’m sure someone can write a script for you because I don’t have time right now.

thanks for the reply im not interested in having somone do it for me im more interested in som eadvice that would steer me in the direction so i can learn without having somone hold my hand and i would love to code rather than use logic bricks but im very new to programming and its hard for me to get alot of basics down do to the fact i still need to use logic bricks maybe the best bet for advice would be what the structure of the function would look like and what functions within the method would be best so i can throw somthing to gether and get the hang of it

hold left mouse = build up power

release = go

checkout own.parent, and using this with a mouselook actuator

Attachments

PushPower.blend (412 KB)

thank you for that this forum is great great community of people to help greatly appreciated

blueprint random can you please reiterate in simple form what does what in this script also how do i change the direction to x or why instead of z ???

Left click - - - - - - - and------add 1 to charge
Charge less 100—/

This builds up charge over time with a cap

If charge not zero, and not holding mouse, apply force (along axis using charge as force multiplier)

and set charge to zero

worldOrientation.col[2] = Z_axis
worldOrientation.col[1] = Y_axis
worldOrientation.col[0] = X_axis

awesome last but not least to be a pain im reading a python book but i still find it hard to go from raw python to using blenders game engine what is the newest updated tutorials or any type of video for coding games in BGE im going crazy trying to find a good beginner learning source and im struggling to get past very basic steps and again thank you for the support really truly helpful ive been trying to bring my game to a some what playable version so i can see it come to life so i greatly appreciate the advice and feedback you guys are awesome!

Here is the best :slight_smile:click and drag(.py script by Monster)

He meant click. Hold to charge + mouselook to aim I think

Ohh…ok. However, I’m sure this might help him in some way.

yes thank you for the other script as well i need all the help i can get its easy to get overwhelmed as a begginer and trying to understand scripting but i love it because it gives me more power than logic bricks so i am grateful for all input and examples givin thanks again