tracking a video sequence possible?

hello!

i just started to learn blender and have a question about following workflow i want to do:

i load a movei into the video sequence editor and do some cutting (i trimm the length of the movie)
now i want to open/load this video sequence in the movie clip editor and do some tracking. is this possible?
i din’t find out how to open/load video sequences form the video sequence editor in the movie clip editor or to load/open them in the node editor for some compositing tasks. is there a way to do that - the only workaround to do this, was only to render out some temporary video from the video sequence editor and then use this video in the node editor for example…

i hope you understand what i mean…

thanks for the help!

Check this out.

yes i saw this tutorial but it is just about tracking and not how to track a sequence

No you cannot track the contents of the VSE. You can only track one movie clip at a time, then you can use a Movie Clip Strip in the VSE with stabilise turned on (if thats what you want). In the tracker movie clip properties, N-key, look for Footage Settings. There you can alter the start frame (when the clip starts on the timeline of regular Blender not the VSE), and Frame Offset (the starting frame of the movie clip.

thx for the help - this answered my question! another quick question that was coming up for me: how can i define what blender should render? for example i have some clips in VSE, some nodes in the composite view and a 3d scene when i hit render in the properties panel wich of these is rendered?

It depends on what you have active in the Scene Properties panel. Theres a couple buttons under the heading Post Processing. If any are turned on then you don’t get 3D view straight out of Blender. If Sequencer is on then you wont see the compositor output even if it is rendering. The VSE is always the last port of call for Blender output, but it has to be active. You can send a 3D scene through the compositor as a render layer node. You can send a 3D scene through the VSE as a Scene strip but it will have the compositor output of that scene if the compositor is active in that scene (you can also route another scene’s VSE through a scene strip).

thx a lot! i think i get it now how the things work together…