Soup_Bar

Hello
I really need some help to finish this work. I have problems with the lights for first.
Ill put two renders

1: Is made with meshes they give emission light. The whole scene has one sun, outside the window, blueish color set on. And the rest of all lights are meshes with emission. I did this because the results are better, no fireflys.

2: Im using here Spots, and meshes with emission, the (paper/fabric) lantern uses meshes with emission, then i still habe the blueish sun outside and all spots on the top uses spot light.

I want to achieve a relaxing night light, and i dont know if its to dark and what ill need to set or change to finish this work.

Loving every bit of this, You could almost think it’s a photo.

I would always recommend going with mesh lights. No lights in the real world come from points of light like in blender. It will always produce a better effect in cycles unless you need an easy flashlight effect or something. I would recommend going into your film settings in blender and make sure you’re using Blackman-Harris or Gaussian blur for your antialiasing mode. It should be on 1.5 by default, but for some reason this render looks like it is lower than that. Maybe set it to 3 or 2 instead of 1.5 and then increase the render size of your image. Even though itll take longer to render, you won’t have all that weird grainyness on flat materials that are recieving the same amount of light. I would also look into installing Filmic Blender (you can read about it here https://www.blenderguru.com/tutorials/secret-ingredient-photorealism/ ) its extremely helpful and will allow you to really increase the brightness of all your lights and set the exposure to whatever looks nice in terms of lighting. You might be able to get some really moody contrast lighting and highlight that blue sunlamp outside well. I hope this helps!!!

@Ikamon357 Thank you very much for answering. I checked it was on gaussian, and i will render it later with the settings you shared here, maybe it changes a lot who knows. Im rendering now with this filmic addon, but i need to read more about that, it makes only more fire flys and yes ofc it looks pretty and you can change the light easy and color management becomes pretty easy. I changed the lanterns!! ill put later on a new render, maybe with fire flys but just to show how bright the exposure could be for final render, where i will supposely sleeping while its rendering…:confused: just a question, why should i change the size? does it looks strange?

This is a update, the render is noisy but i think and hope it looks much better then before. (no post prozess aswell like the other renders )

I like both of them, but the first one better. If your computer is fast enough, why not double the samples? What samples did you render on? I think the tile in the new pic is bit glossy. But what is lighting the roof? I think the small bulbs are shooting down. Raise the lanterns a bit. Also increase the resolution, this will lead to less noise.