Circle Select also selecting vertices in other areas..

I don’t know how to really word the title without it being long. Anyway, I’m encountering a rather odd problem with Blender that I can’t seem to solve. Whenever I try to select multiple vertices, it’ll end up selecting verts that are not even in the circle selects radius.

For example, I’m working on a starfighter design which has a lot of verts, whenever I try to circle select some of them in one area other verts across the mesh begin to get selected. YET, if I go into wireframe mode this doesn’t happen, only happens in Solid mode.

Ughs, I dunno if I explained this well. Basically, verts in other area’s of the mesh are being selected along with those that are actually in the radius of the circle when they aren’t anywhere near the radius.

Edit:

Just noticed that the reverse is happening when I use the circle/band select to deselect verts -,- … I just tried to reinstall and such and nothing has worked.

try setting either of the selection methods in user preferences -> system

Nope, sadly changing those options doesn’t effect it

Welp found what the problem was, apparently one of the game’s I had running in the background was causing the issue. Found another topic on this problem, someone referring to it as ‘random verts’ being selected when trying to select specific ones. I hadn’t thought of another program causing this issue. Wish I’d check that before I made the thread but at least others know now.