best way to get rid of crease on subsurf?

any way to add an edge loop to an existing subsurface while keeping it smooth, the problem I face is I need to cut some holes through, while using boolean it doesn’t give me the desirable result (maybe I can apply the subsruf to mesh but I want it to be editable), so I have to cut it manually, but it generates some crease, I want to get rid of these crease, tried smooth but didn’t work very well, any help?

Not sure I got it. Do you want to bevel the edges in these windows (or whatever it is) ?

I think he means the pinching he’s getting around the edges of the windows from top to bottom. The edges are running close together vertically from the looks of it.

Something like the image below is a suggestion. If you want to avoid creasing and pinching, the edges work better flowing around holes or other features. The closer they get on a given plane, the more you pack them, the more the mesh will start to pinch. Edges should be relatively evenly spaced unless they’re contributing as support loops to tighten the mesh up.

Attachments

Best way is to have the right density for the curvature and for the detail forms the structure has to support before adding subdivision surface, so the face sizes can change gradually

not quite getting what you say but obviously your example shows exactly what I’m after, all I want is this, for a curved surface, is there a way to add extra edge loops without distort the surface?

yes and no, yes, could add loops and then route them so they don’t define detail you don’t want, also moving, snapping, sliding existing and new geometry so they keep the curvature, and no because it’s not actually extra, can’t just add loops and expect subdivision surfaces to work as expected, it only works the way you tell it to in the control cage.

As said JA12 upper, the “problem” is: with sub-d modifier, basically additional edge loop are used for define eges, corner. iso when you add edge loops for " define details" as the angle, corners of the windows, you will add edge loops who will have an effect on the rest of the surface.

On a flat surface, this will have no importance, but when curved surface are engaged. it change all.

The solution is “more geometry” at the supporting areas (near the border of windows). Subsurface and holes around curves need to add more geometry and not too tight/near because that pinches, so experiment a little adding more edges/bevels around until you get no pinching.

the last image posted can be done fast if you plan and make the exact number of loops evenly spaced (you can do this at the cage level without moving too much the edges around after cutting).