Reference Image Tips

So I’m trying to model a character based off some real life photos. In the best picture, because it’s one of the only highrez photos, he is looking SLIGHTLY to the right. You can’t even really tell unless you load it up in blender and apply a mirror at centerpoint and realize the eyeball doesn’t fit perfectly.

So, should I continue modeling with this photo, or find a lower-res one where he is looking completely forward. If I continue, I assume I would just model one half of the face which would create a slightly more flat face in the end. Should I cut half his face out of the photo and mirror it to make it perfectly symmetrical?

Additionally, for the side image should I find a perfect side image or try to find one that will cancel out the offset from the front image.

I’ve seen a bunch of general “lining-up” tutorials, but I can’t seem to get everything perfect. I understand this is fine, but which parts of the face should I be absolutely certain lines up before I start modeling, and which ones are less important?

Any other general tips before I start modeling the face? I keep ending up quiting in the middle of the model because halfway through I realize the images are causing some distortion and it’s too difficult to fix.