Not all subscribed threads with new posts get in my feed

This has been happening for quite a while but I wanted to be 100% sure before posting about it, as I expected there to be a very active thread about it but didn’t find one, which made me question the trustworthiness of my memory.
But I am now completely sure that some threads I’ve subscribed to don’t show up in my “Subscribed Threads with New Posts” feed. I usually find out later about the new posts by looking in my subscriptions folder.

Is this a known issue ?

I’m guessing the concerned threads are those I automatically subscribe to by posting in them but I’m not sure, it could also be any thread.

I will try to narrow it down and get a better understanding of it.

I’ve not come across this myself, but I suppose anything is possible. I’ve run into cookies having trouble clearing themselves, but that’s on the client side. When it’s on the server side (subscribed threads), I’ve not seen that happen.

So does this mean this issue is complicate to track and fix ?
For example this very thread we’re in didn’t get in my feed after you posted, as well as these 2 threads for today :

I may have missed many replies this way since I came on blenderartists.

Complicated to track? Perhaps. With raw access to the forum database, it should be fairly trivial to see if you’re subscribed to the thread. As for fixing (why it wouldn’t display even when you’re subscribed), that certainly could be a tough one.

Then I’ll have to look at my subscriptions folders more regularly.
today another one I weren’t notified of :
https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?420632

It seems like it happens periodically.
I’ve had many non-notified replies until a week ago but since then I’ve received all my notifications and now that I think of it, I think it has always done this in more or less short periods of time. Hopefully time will tell and I will narrow this down.

Actually it doesn’t happen periodically. It just happens all the time and completely unpredictably. But now I’m also confident that I’m not the only one experiencing that. I’ve posted in threads and waited for weeks, then PMed several people to tell them about the posts I added and they told me they didn’t get notified.

If this issue is website-wide, it’s really a problem because it means people ask questions and think they never get their answer because they don’t get notified, or they post new questions in the same threads and those never reach the subscribers who could answer. I’m already experiencing that quite often actually. I think I will now privilege StackExchange for both asking for help and giving help.
Sad, I like the Vbulletin system.

The migration to Discourse solved this problem.