Interior rendering- Need help:(

Since i started working with blender i was always concerned about modeling low poly because i was mostly concerned about the game creation process in blender and up to this day that didnt change but i thought i should try other aspects of 3d artwork aswell just to improve my skillset as an artist overall. So this is my first attempt on creating a somewhat photorealistic scene:D I`ve finished modeling on the major aspect of the scene which is supossed to be this big lamp already and i will now try to create a scene around it. I will happily take advice on lighting, composition, anything really since I am new to this workflow so please let me know if theres anything to improve at the current state^^

Attachments

some close-ups of the lamp model^^

Lighting up the model better is important. i can barely c it

Thanks for that advice^^ i wanted to create an evening scene but i guess i over did it with the darkness so here is a little update with a few small additions but mostly new lightning

still not completly happy with the lightning and the floor material but obviously this is still an early WIP

Any idea how i can change which picture will be shown as thumbnail of the thread?

^^ Change the image in post #1 - the first image in the first post is the one that is displayed for the thread.

Cheers, Clock.

Oh okay thanks a lot:D

its much better now, i think a little work on the windows in the back could help improve it even more

[ATTACH=CONFIG]481420[/ATTACH]
(current state)

Thank you for your feedback:) yes i agree there is still a lot of work left to do especially in that area but this render is far from finished anyways:D

I realised over the past few days that compositon wise it doesn`t make sence to put two lightsources (lamp and window) next to each other since this leads to confusion on what to look at^^" thats why i will try to put the lamp into another scene because i really like the way the lamp turned out

little update :smiley:

Started working on some new assets for the scene but i ran into some problems:/

as you can see the glass in the foreground has some weird black articafts on it:( Any idea how to fix that?

fixed those black spots but got a new problem:( When putting an object inside of the bottle (in this case the ape) I get some reflections of the object inside the bottle while in reallife that doesnt happen^^" If you have a nodesetup for glass that doesn´t cause those reflections so that you can just look right through it let me know^^ Any help is greatly appriceated

By the way right now it´s just a glass shader mixed with a transparent shader

Okay so i found out that the transparent node is causing those reflections and when i just use the simple glass shader that works fine^^ The problem being that without the transparent node the material is way to dark:/ Any known fix for this?

Okay so i found out that the transparent node is causing those reflections and when i just use the simple glass shader that works fine^^ The problem being that without the transparent node the material is way to dark:/ Any known fix for this?

Seems like it was just a matter of light bounces or how ever you call them^^ Turned them up and it looks great now:)