Blender autotracker released!

Blender autotracker is here!

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/miikapuustinen/blender_autotracker/master/images/autotracker_screenshot.jpg

Introduction to Blender Autotracker

Autotracker is Blender addon which automates feature generation and limits bad tracks on the fly. It works best for shots like aerial footage or wide dolly shots. It can also be used conjunction with supervised tracking.

Features:

• Automatic feature detection
  • Limits bad tracks while tracking
  • Feature placement masking with grease pencil
  • Simple to use

Get it from github!https://github.com/miikapuustinen/blender_autotracker

Autotracker is now shipping with Blender 2.79!

Hope you like it!

1 Like

Oooh! I’ve got some tracking to do for a job tomorrow, I’ll give this a shot!

Hmmm I installed it from a zip, and it’s in my \Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\blender_autotracker-master folder but it doesn’t show up in the list of addons to enable, and I have no extra menu in the video tracking screen…

Hmmm I installed it from a zip, and it’s in my \Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\blender_autotracker-master folder but it doesn’t show up in the list of addons to enable, and I have no extra menu in the video tracking screen…

Ah my mistake - I was trying to install from the zip rather than extracting and installing just the .py file…

Looks great! Gotta give this a try.

Loved using the autotracker in 2.79! Any plans to update for 2.8?

1 Like

What is the status of this plugin. It hasn’t been edited in 2 years. It only works on 2.79. I believe it uses bgl which is not in 2.80. Can this plugin be considered dead?

Is there any other auto tracking plugin out there that is maintained. Some thing that can use some openCV or machine learning to better track elements from image to image?

Sorry for the necropost, but this appears to be the “active” page here for information about this plugin.

Or you can do your tracking in 2.79 and open the file in 2.80 :). Also, keep a 2.5 in case you use Voodoo!

You should give meshroom a try as tracking tool.

1 Like

Yes!

Roughly the same time to do the track as voodoo and you end with some geometry as a bonus, which comes handy to acuratly place 3D objects :wink:

so… can i use it in blender 2.8 or no?