Spaceship bridge scene

A spaceship bridge I have created for a science fiction short. Because I´m planning to use it as a background for a greenscreen scene, the materials and lighting have to become more photorealistic. I am using cycles render engine and the filmic blender color management. How could I improve the scene to achieve a more realistic result?

(current version):
[ATTACH=CONFIG]481591[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]481354[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]481353[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]481601[/ATTACH]

Attachments

lighting feels like its letting down the scene everything looks white/black/grey. perhaps have yellow light from the sun coming in, it could immediately make it better

I have added a sun lamp, removed the post-processed AO and replaced the black ceramic material by a rough metal material with microdisplacement.

Attachments

Look up the cynicatpro material tutorials on youtube, those will get you most of the way there.

All materials are physically accurate now. I have created a lass organic height map on the pillars and added a glass material to the front screen (which produced more noise that can´t be removed by higher samples because I have to keep rendertime low fot the amination).

Attachments

Try using clamp in render settings to get rid of some of the noise in the glass. It won’t increase your render times.

I have replaced the glass shader with a transparent/golssy material and reduced the noise in post-processing (first image).

Attachments

I changed the color management settings to achieve this result.

Attachments