Make default mouse grab not sticky

Hey,

by default, when you click your primary mouse button and move in viewport, grab action is initiated. This is great for quick tweaking but unfortunately it’s not as efficient as it could be because it requires another click to confirm the move.

How do I make it not sticky? So that upon pressing the mouse button, grab is initiated, and upon releasing it, grab is automatically confirmed without having to click the button again.

Blender’s hotkey editor is a mess so it’s not been possible for me to figure it out on my own.

Thanks in advance.

Look in User Preferences to turn off (enable ‘release confirms’ option)

There’s no such thing. Only thing close to that I found is “Confirm on Release” option present in 3D View (Global)>3D manipulator, which is set to Any Left Mouse button. That should be it, but turning “Confirm on Release” or on off does not have any effect at all.

There’s no such thing.
Look in the User Preferences !!

Release confirms

Drag object with mouse and when you let go it automatically confirms the drag, no need to click mouse to confirm

Yep, thanks!

Already found it myself. It’s pretty damn well hidden though :slight_smile:

The entire Editing category has quite misleading name, especially in between Interface and Input buttons.

This setting definitely belongs into input panel, and also Editing implies something to do with video editing. I guess let’s hope they will sort it out in the 2.8 workflow overhaul :slight_smile:

Never knew that option existed! Good to know. :slight_smile: