Futuristic Pocket Watch

So yesterday I made this pocketwatch as kind of a speed practice. I’ve been learning to use blender for about 6 months now besides doing stuff for school so I’m not this good jet. So yeah, this took me about 4 hours (without rendering time). What do you think, I’m open for critique.

The surface of the watch looks a bit off, most pocket watches are smooth, but this could just be an intentional design choice. The watch also looks like more of a ring than a watch so maybe make the backside longer, but still as round. also the lighting, using hdri’s would give the watch realistic reflections and make it seem more real. Also I’m curious if you’re using pbr materials. But overall a really good scene (p.s. great job on the hologram) :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback, I spend most time on the hologram. For the surface, yes it was a intentional design choice. I also made a smooth version, but it just looked to boring. For the metal I’m using a prb material I made with help of a tutorial from Blender Guru. I think I’ll try out some of the things you mentioned ^^