UPBGE is AWESOME

remaking every system from scratch I was able to make this in under a week

Now all I need to do is make the level more intresting and add a few weapons :smiley:

what have you all made in a week ?
(bge or others?)

what is your favorite engine and why?

Edit:
Art By Konrad From Poland :smiley:

Moved from ā€œGeneral Forums > Blender and CG Discussionsā€ to ā€œGame Engine > Game Engine Support and Discussionā€

yeah but I wanted the jerks up stairs to understand the power of a fully operational bge :stuck_out_tongue:

I made this in a week.But i had some of it already before the week.So i donā€™t know if that counts.

I like the bge for its easy to learn logic bricks.It is not like unreal game engine.Unreal does not have simple
visual programming.I found that their were not any good tutorials.

Yeah, this game is no simple logic brick game.

This is a fully modular, designed to be easily expanded system.
(you can add new actors, vehicles, weapons, attacks etc without editing anything but defining the actions in the GOAP state machine and if itā€™s a movement, or non goap action, you have to define in move dict or act dictionary)

In other words, I think this system may be a unity slayer.

All that remains is cutting edge graphics, but this can take a bit more time :smiley:

OMG that cannot be more true.:smiley:

If UPBGE ends up being as good as advertised (once it becomes the official replacement of the old BGE in Blender for 2.8), then there will be no need to prove anything (the project will speak for itself).

Until then, what you can do is help the UPBGE devs. make progress on the code review so what I said above becomes reality.

I have been spotting bugs for upbge for months

Iā€™ve noticed a lot of physics bugs.

Dont forget to report bugs with blend files. :slight_smile:
Heres what i did. Simple demos of upbge features: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAhAwUHmGjclxfpcB8CqRb1_B-p7eG76L

So I want to ask a question, what is exactly upbge, is it an external game engine? Is it different than the normal engine, in how to use it? Because I am really confused right now, what is special about it,

UPBGE is a fork of blender, where some developers were annoyed at how long it took to get code through the BF review process, so created their own clone of blender. They regularly pull changes in from regular blender.

For more details, see:
https://upbge.org/

UPBGE :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

A very nice project but I donā€™t understand why spending so much time on it as soon as the license problem of Blender persistsā€¦ Indie Game Developers will not use it for this only reason.

Maybe Iā€™m wrong :slight_smile:

A. - BP Player included - (assets can be encyrpted and seperate from .exe ) [ assets are not forced GPL]

B. - We all share / teach each other here

Selling blender games, and not sharing code back would be a bit like stealing from the free coat bin.

So are thy going to include it in the next blender,? And will it be free

Yes, upbge will be ported to 2.8, when 2.8 matures. Its free. :slight_smile:
To see whats in the upbge version features, see the doc: https://doc.upbge.org/releases.php