Looking for help for a dropped Starship Project.

Greetings.

I’m looking for a bit of help in a modeller to help fix up and finish a starship model that has been in work for an old game.

Job details include:

• Texture replacement/improvement.
  • Hitboxing
  • Finishing .ini files.

Payment budget for now is $50 due to its low poly setup. Possible improvements would be liked but poly count has to keep under 25k.

Here’s the current model to be finished.

Hi, i would be open to help redo the textures for you! what is Hitboxing mean? and what is a ini. file?

sure man I can do this, check my portfolio and see if it fits with your requierements.

Hitboxes are a even lower poly model which totaly contains the higher poly model for collision detection. I dunno why this to this date isn’t fully automated.

ini means initialisation and is a hint that this old game uses a cumberson file format. I think these hiRes Texutres Packs for all the old games are really nice. bang for the buck.

Looks like FreeSpace 2 Open could run that model (or even the original game). In that game the sub-models determined the hit-boxes for the various turrets. Stats were in a text file all packeged in a .VP ‘container’ which was a Volution propitiatory format (a bit like .esp is today for Skyrim and Fallout) The LOD (Level Of Distance) models were simply made by decimating the original model.

What game is it for. Anyone who gets the job will need to know, the process of modding is very game engine dependent.

Rob, Ex-FreeSpace2-Modder-Circa-1999

Hey everyone. Sorry for the lack of replies here.

The model has been finished but the one who did it has dropped off the map without handing me the texturing files he made.

Luckily, I have the model still, its all finished and just needs a texturing.

Payment isn’t much but its at $30.

Let me know if you are interested in this small project.