BGMC 24 | In the Dog House

What do you do when your in the dog house- well I would escape.

here is the download:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7YN1w1IyXTMNFJQS0N1b2JiQW8

Literally just use:
W: Move
Mouselook: turn
Left mouse button: interact with things in the world

also pick up some objects by getting your mouth close to it (drop them with Left mouse button).

There are a couple optimization issues, but it should run.

Can the dog really eat that much dirt? Why yes! it can!
I haven’t managed to escape the dog pound though. I can’t get the water to do anything.

I like it. Simple and fun.

Can the dog really eat that much dirt? Why yes! it can!

lol, was going to make a digging action, but it is more fun to have him eat it.

I’m not sure whats up with the water (I’m assuming you know were to water in the dog pound).

Fun and simple little game. Managed to play it through on my first go.
It´s great to see how your artstyle evolves with each and every game. This one looked very nice :slight_smile:

It was short and to the point, I didn´t like the music choice that much, but other than that, it´s a neat game.
Looking forward to pay for the full version :wink:

Nice work. It’s quite short, but a fun game.

Fun and innovative. It’s fun to see that you continue to have your own style, this reminds be a bit of the game you made with the squirrel. Fun to explore the different ways to escape, like watering the flowers, make them grow and flee. It had some lack of sound, a walk-cycle that didn’t loop too well and some textures felt a bit low-res.

I always had a problem with the flat look, which I’m not understanding why you keep going back to. But overall good job!

For fun I did a version with improved textures, some animations fix, a few sound added and some FX. This is only at the first level. If you think this is offensive in any way, tell me and I’ll remove it.

Download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4n2gp1zc0q87vw/YardDempa.blend?dl=0

game you made with the squirrel.

Lol Don’t remind me.

I always had a problem with the flat look

What do you mean by that?

This is only at the first level. If you think this is offensive in any way, tell me and I’ll remove it.

I’m actually excited to try it; don’t worry at all about offending me :slight_smile:

Thanks for the rest of the comments.

Just tried your revamped game(https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4n2gp1zc0…mpa.blend?dl=0), and it looks nice; the controls make it difficult to climb onto things, but that is the only complaint from me. Everything you did looked really nice- a lot of which I planned on implementing, but I ran out of time (or it was out of my skill level). Something random- How did you get it to work smoothly all the time, I did nothing with optimization, and you upgraded version works better than my original.

you continue to have your own style

I just saw this; I think my “own” style kind of comes from me not playing a lot of video games. I have to make everything based on my limited gaming knowledge.

I agree that it became harder to climb at the flowers, which could be solved by placing them a bit further away.

By flat look I mean having a sort of shadeless look, when it’s the same amount of light from every angle.

All I did to optimize it was to change some settings in the shadow.

ok, thanks for the feedback.

Nice, your games are always fun.