Liquid spray help?

Hey, I’m new to Blender and trying to get used to physics. I’m trying to make a scenario where a small bit of liquid streams from a garden hose. I don’t actually want the liquid, just the animation of liquid streaming from the garden hose is what I’m after. How would I do this? I tried water physics, but to no avail.

For instance … a tube representing the stream of water with an animated noisy texture passing through it. Then maybe a particle system to add some droplets. Use defocus nodes to soften it.

And then, arrange the sequence of shots so that they’re fairly short and in quick succession. You might use one particle-based system for droplets starting to stream out of the nozzle in an extreme close-up then promptly CUT TO a reverse-angle shot of the water hitting its target CUT TO a close-up of the target’s reaction to getting sprayed. The audience will instantly understand that someone turned on the water and then see who just got soaked – which is the extent of what they need to understand to follow along. They won’t pay close attention to what the water looks like.