Get Out! | BGMC 24

I’M IN!

UPBGE blend
Blender blend

Also it may be black when you open it because it has multiple windows open so just get rid of the the black window and the game will be under it.

I had a lot of fun making this game I hope you like it! Please tell me what you think.

Didn’t we have till the 23 to submit our games? I looked around the forum and there are other games released on the 23, but SM said the contest was over. I am so confused if anyone has any idea what is going on I would really appreciate it if you filled me in. Thanks.

Don’t worry, I’ll add it to the pack tonight. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much!

Hi J05HU4.blend
First let me say how much i enjoyed the game. I played most of your games you’ve submitted for the BGMC and this was my favorite by far.
I downloaded the file and found it’s much too big. It’s fine to go over the limit by a little bit but this is nearly double, and it all comes from one sound file (ambience).

Converting it to mp3 reduces it to just 6 megabytes. I’ll put it in the pack with the mp3 file then it should be within the size limits. I suggest using a tool like Audacity, a free sound editing program to do this in future. You could also try shortening and looping the file. It doesn’t really need to be 6 minutes long.

I had some trouble when I got sucked out of the hanger at the end, I fell towards the ground, then “landed” on the plane but nothing happened. I guess that’s not supposed to happen?

Hi J05HU4.blend
First let me say how much i enjoyed the game. I played most of your games you’ve submitted for the BGMC and this was my favorite by far.

Thanks that means alot.

I downloaded the file and found it’s much too big. It’s fine to go over the limit by a little bit but this is nearly double, and it all comes from one sound file (ambience).

Converting it to mp3 reduces it to just 6 megabytes. I’ll put it in the pack with the mp3 file then it should be within the size limits. I suggest using a tool like Audacity, a free sound editing program to do this in future. You could also try shortening and looping the file. It doesn’t really need to be 6 minutes long.

Sorry about that, I should have paid more attention to the file size. Won’t happen again.

I had some trouble when I got sucked out of the hanger at the end, I fell towards the ground, then “landed” on the plane but nothing happened. I guess that’s not supposed to happen?

No, that was not suppose to happen. The game should have ended while you were falling in air. Am I suppose to be able to fix that?

Also, if anyone is having any problems with the game please let me know, I sent it to a friend and it wouldn’t work for him.

Pretty cool - although the first thing I did was walk over to the guy in the corner and die! Then I realised I wasn’t supposed to do that.
The tunnels were also quite dark, I had to boost my monitors gamma up to be able to continue.
I had the same issue as smoking_mirror: ended up sitting on a plane above the planet.

Other than that, this was good fun. Nice work.

The tunnels were also quite dark, I had to boost my monitors gamma up to be able to continue.
I had the same issue as smoking_mirror: ended up sitting on a plane above the planet.

Yeah, I wanted to add more light but I already had so many lights in the scene and I didn’t have very much time left for managing the lights.

I could not get past the first room.What do you do?

I found out what to do.I did get to the room with the other monsters.And there was a button to press.Just did not know how to press it.
Looks pretty good.I got stuck in a tunnel i was falling down.Is that the end of the game?

I found out what to do.I did get to the room with the other monsters.And there was a button to press.Just did not know how to press it.

Left mouse button is to interact.

Looks pretty good.I got stuck in a tunnel i was falling down.Is that the end of the game?

No, I had that problem too, but when I replayed it, it worked. I think it is because right as you start falling the next part of the level is spawning.