Armature apply scale without destroy the animations

Hi,

I bought few mocap animations on differents websites, all the time the armature scale is not 1,1,1 but 0.01,0.01,0.01. surely it is that they comes from other software and when I import them in Blender it doesn’t match…

I absolute need to have the scale to 1,1,1 to export on game engine and the problem is that every time I apply the scale to the armature, the animations are broken. Not all the animations because bones rotation are ok but it only affect the hips/pelvis location and the root motion location channel.

to deal with that I need for each animations (around 200 animations) to apply the scale to the armature then go in pose mode:
-Go in the GraphEditor Select the hips/pelvis bone, hide all channel except X location, select all keyframes, scale Y them by 0.01, grab and replace the curve to the same position but by divide by 100 the location(example if the first keyframe was 13m54 it should now be 13cm54)

• Do the same things for the Y axis channel and Z axis channel
  • Once done do the same for the root locomotion bone X,Y,Z.

It takes me a LOT of time! why ?

If someone know a way to do that without having to make all these long modifications ?

1 Like

can I get you to post a file? so I can take a look at it…?

Hi,

Sure I sent you an example file in PM

Just play the animation then apply the scale on the armature and see the result

okay well let me send you a few sites to look at that might help with the issue…
I’m still looking at it… but not making heads or tails of the problem so far…

the export to .fbx (with scale) may be the fix … but not sure…

export out to .fbx file… using scale… 10 X might work… not sure you might have to play around with it a bit…

then import the saved out .fbx file back into your blend file…

anyway… let me know if you have any luck with that…

gotta hit the hay… it’s been a long day…

I already searched for this problem but couldn’t find anything to help and the links you sent me can’t help either :frowning:

I also re-tried all export and import FBX settings I could imagine but nothing that works. If I export with a scale x10 the armature appears 100 times bigger while imported back…

To help you a bit I insist on this point: it looks like it only affect the pelvis/hips x,y,z location keyframes (and the root motion bone in case there is one).

Thanks to taking the time to look at it because it’s very annoying…

sorry StroBlend

I’m a stumped on this too…
I had run across this before and had some solutions but nothing seems to work in this case…

I attempted separating the Mesh, Armature and Actions and scaling them separately… which has worked in times past… but does not seem to work this go around… I will keep poking around to see if I can find an answer to this… maybe two heads searching for an solve for this will be better than one…

so StroBlend what was the file format of the original MoCaps? .fbx .bvh .mnm?

Yep that’s a pain in the *** ,I will make some tests with what you said but if a dev or a genius could help us with that it will be wonderful!?

Original files format is FBX (I guess they are not raw but it’s what I bought) then I import directly in Blender

I haven’t done any MoCaps in years so somethings have obviously changed since the last time I messed with it…

most of the videos I’m seeing on it seem to be relying on some kind of import plugin into Blender… so you may have to try some of those out…