Suggestion on Blender Add-on

Hi,

I have started using Blender 6 months ago, and I must say everyday the affection to it is getting better and better. Though the software has lot of areas to "improve", still with right attitude and mentality will definitely give you a great result.

During the use I found that Blenders ADD-ON section is perhaps the most strong part of it. However Its very difficult to be aware about them. SO ..... 

Can we come up with a Stickey post where we put down all the ADD-ON as a list form with description (with link of course). where we can found all the ADD-ONs in a single place.

This list can bedivided into few segment like one section will consist of the stable ADD-ons and other with the BETA stage. or may be free vs paid.

Actually I am getting introduce to new ADD-ONs every now and then. If we can put them togather I believe we can show the new users about the possibilities they can expect from the software.

I know this is a humongous job but togather we can make it possible. I saw a few blog and also at Blendernation , but I believe here we can make the updates more dynamic that any other place. The thread can be a well-moderated one.

OR … may be there is one exists, which I have no idea. If that is the case . Please put the link, and … Forgive me.:no:

Regards,
Priyankar

Maybe something like this http://blenderaddonlist.blogspot.be/ ( need some updates ) :slight_smile:

Yes I saw this one later , but as you said , it need updates. Whereas if we create in this forum, it will be easier to update as there are several active users.

Create the thread yourself then.

This addon list would have to be in the first post rather than spread out in a long thread of separate posts. Only the thread originator can edit the first post to keep it up to date so you’d have to commit to maintain it.

Hi,
That was quite encouraging. but do you think I will be the right person to start it . Ummm … I merely spend 6 months in Blender.

Regards,

In my opinion blender needs addon software compared to minion or curse engine these softwares let the user check new addlns see their versions, features and can be set automatically update all the addons, its brilliant system what gamers has build for their games why not software like blender :smiley:

yah… :eyebrowlift2:
Thread: Blender Add-on Manager (About 2,000 add-ons are available)

WHOAAAAA… This is exactly what I was talking about … This is just BRILLIANT… Let me check this and get back.

Thanks Burnin … You deserves a Galantry Medal.

Regards,