Blood Berserk

Arrive a moment when you must declare a work complete, even if you are not 100% satisfied.
The aim of this project is doing an illustration with a fresh paint look. No interest into realism.
Modelling, sculpt, uvmap in blender
rendering in cycles
texture paint in blender, gimp
compositing in blender and krita.

this illustration will follow a sculpt I did for printing, a 32mm model.
My goal is doing an illustration (better than this) in 2, max 3 days. This one, for study and test took 12 days (too much).

A bit of backstory:
Blood Berserk, is a creature born from genetic experiment. Blood Berserk skin is like burned and scalded, more leathery compared to regular human skin. Their muscles mass is very similar to human anatomy but some change make it weird but powerful on the battlefield. Over the body BB are covered with bone plaques, forming a sort of natural armour, more old is the BB and bigger are his bone armour. Cannot eat, but only supported through infusions of a special liquid at the laboratories that created them. Appear blind but is not clear if they can see or have other sense type.

I’ll accept any critics and comments, even harsh, and thank you for your c&C, but I’ll not change the image, only some subtle change if this don’t take too many time.
WIP here: https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?420174-Blood-Berserk-need-critics