Tale Chronicles vol.1

From time to time It’s good to make something just for fun. My entry for CG Challenge. Concept game/environment art for an Action RPG game. Modeled and rendered in Blender Cycles.
Render time: 12h
Resolution: 4k downscaled to 1920x1080
Samples: 2000
First time making characters… hmm It could have gone much worse. Hope You will like it.
For more visit me here: https://www.artstation.com/artist/mateusz_wielgus or here: https://www.facebook.com/DesignStudioBC/

1 Like

can you give me some wireframe image and your wip…?

Hmm don’t really have any wip’s saved for it. I can offer only a viewport screen.

I suggest that a “bull’s-eye” composition is not the best one to use here. My eye goes straight to the center of the frame and right out the window. There’s so little light in the rest of the picture that it’s hard to see detail such as the locker – or, The Hero.

(And is there a “bad guy” down there at the end of the hall, amid all that junk? I really can’t tell …)

It’s fun that there is a reflection of the “Exit sign,” but, “Exit signs don’t look like that,” and I suggest the way that they do look (in real life …) is important.

I’d find a completely different place to put the cameraman – say, crouched down low in that doorway on the left side of the hall. Move the bad-guy to be much more menacing. Frame the shot to feature the Hero, not the window, and arrange for both characters to be clearly visible in-frame. This does mean that many juicy details won’t be visible anymore.

The contrast in the present exposure is so intense that the light seems positively wet.

If your purpose was to “show off the (luscious …) environment detail,” from a “game-engine’s camera POV,” then of course none of my comments would actually apply too much. :yes:

Yes, I agree with You so, thanks for pointing it out - most likely I’ll make a more dynamic shot out of it in some spare time… but, as You noticed it was meant to be “game-engine’s camera POV,” …but now I’m thinking I should have include interface as well to clear it :slight_smile:
And hey, I was in school where exit sign was a small neon lamp :stuck_out_tongue:

Killer work- love the composition. It doesn’t force feed the story to the viewer. You see more interesting details that build up the story with each successive viewing. I saw the sword wielder in the school hall…which was cool enough… then the blade and gore marks in the locker… and then the spider monster/ mecha creature in the background. Love it

Thanks parel - glad You like it :slight_smile:

Great scene. Is that Anduril that your hero is holding? Nice touch.

Thanks a lot - Yes it’s an Anduril… I’m Lotr fan :slight_smile: