Blender hard edges tutorial #1

Hi!

here’s the first of a series of tutorials I’ve think to make in order to cover the basics and more advanced stuff in modeling.

In this tutorial I run through the basics of hard edges on simple and double curved surface.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJB5wENwSgs

Thank you for watching and hope it would be useful! :slight_smile:

im sorry if i seem rude, but you do not qualify to make a video like this.

to achieve what you are trying to do, you dont need so many subdivisions, and you dont have to fiddle with merging. you simply add 2 loops that you need, and do an insertion which by default is bound to “i”.

you dont use the hotkeys, such as Alt E for aditional extrudtion options, CTRL+1-6 for subsurface, holding D for drawing,

in your subtitle you seem like one of those idiots who try to use big words to sound smart, you clearly dont know how to use techniqual terms, and you use them incorrectly. also considering this is a “basic” tutorial you cant expect beginners to understand it.

such as “first of all we have to seach the original edges of the curved surface, becayse they must remain in the modified surface” that literally made no sence at all… and so is the case for the rest of the text aswell, this is just the example i happened to see when clicking a random place on the timeline.

you use very suboptimal workflows such as merging individual points rahter than sliding and removing doubles, which is W+R as i expect you not to know…

and on your second attmept you go to TOWN with the subdivisions, which is not nessasary AT ALL! its horrible!

please take down the video, and do not attempt to make tutorials until you actually know what you are doing.