Newton's Prism Experiment

This is my imaginary scene of Issac Newton’s famous experiment for light, using prism.
The bended prism light is two individual cylinder objects with emitter shader with rainbow texture.
For post-processing, I added fog noise by GIMP.
Blog post with description for the images: Blender CGI: Newton’s Prism Experiment.

Great Job. it would be cool if blender realistically could simulate this kind of thing. I never thought about that. textures look great!

ikamon357. Thank you for review. A prism shader to distort light path based on light color would be good to simulate such a thing.

Get Luxrender and you will have it :cool:

[duplicated post]

To my eye, “if the subject is Newton’s experiment, then what’s all that other stuff doing in the frame?” All it’s doing is detracting my attention from what you say that the subject is supposed to be. Lose the feather and the jar and most of the top. Make the background much less busy. The beam of sunlight will come from the top, not the bottom, and it won’t look like a piece of string. The room itself would be mostly dark. Use subtle stage-lighting to focus my attention on the prism and to keep it there.