multiple textures into one texture

Hello. I have been browsing the web for so long but i couldnt bake successfully.
I textured my model like this: its one object so im not trying to bake multiple meshes so no need to join. it doesnt have multiple materials. i clicked on faces and unwrapped it. then chose a texture. then repeat till all the model is textured.
there seems to be only one texture slot on textures tab.
model is textured ok and looks good.
now for the baking setup: created a new uv map and i unwrapped it all the faces in one frame. clicked on new created uv map to make active. created a new texture to bake. there is no light in the scene. tried it with light too. however i feel like i dont need it because im only baking textures.
under bake: i switch to textures and hit bake. i get white texture all around. i tried everything.
i use blender internal.

thanks for any input.

You have to have multiple materials, to bake multiple textures. If you’re in solid display mode, and choosing textures using the UV editor window, then you’re not really texturing the object. The textured solid view is a tool for getting UVs positioned properly, but those textures won’t render(or bake) until you create a material and apply the texture to it.

ahh figures. thanks. :rolleyes: