Materials & texturs not showing in Gme

For example, I have a simple mesh of a wall correctly mapped with a bump map. I bake from these a UV of the mesh and UV Normals. As a render they look good but in the Game engine with Game Render it turns into a pale blue/ purple block. Even a simple Material without bumps doesn’t work. Is there a process in the Game Engine that I need to access? I have looked through the forums but there’s nothing I could find on this problem. If needed I can do some screen shots. A tutorial would help.
Dicon

How about:

or

Been there… done that… and it still doesn’t work. I followed the instructions of how to make a normal map closely, as much as the sound track and blurry graphics allowed and… you can see the results. The initial shape is there but not the effect. As the normal map shows all the expected colours, I think it might be in the application AFTER the map was created. I did click on the normal button in textures and unclick colour, but no luck. I also followed the instructions in the book “Game Development Blender” with the same sad result.
I’ll keep trying.
Dicon

did you select Normal Map under image sampling in the texture tab ?

Make sure you’re in GLSL mode rather than Multitexture mode.