Lens flares with overlay - update 11/06/17

===============================================
attention, until I found the author of the
glow script (Vladas), and did not ask him for the exact license, I do not advise them to use for commercial purposes.
===============================================

Hello everyone
I searched in the forum - no such example in forum Threads
Look at…

Lens flares effects overlaid on each object - link to example
If the lamp is not in sight of the camera - the effect is turned off.
Based on the idea, and special thanks them - - ThaTimst3r https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ37WC5nWoI
- Red Frost Games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31vB9-RCY4w
- Stierlitz - scripts

Thank you for attention.

With the help of this man - Владас (Vladas), another interesting variant was created:

Example: link

note:

• if the object is turned off physics, then it becomes invisible to the frustum script

So what is the question?

Looks nice, thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Looks nice, thanks for sharing https://blenderartists.org/forum/images/smilies/sago/smile.gif

No problem man :o

отлично!!! :evilgrin:

Cool :smiley: Next step would be to get it scaling dependent on the visibility with multiple rays!

scaling? multiple rays?

• Are you serious, man? Not with my brains!:evilgrin:

Hi everyone!
I slightly improved the effect - at a distance from the lamp, the strength of the flares also decreases.

Thank John Hemilton for a good lesson -

File in link updated link to example

Ok man! Job well donе (scaling) - link to example

With the help of this man - Владас (Vladas)…

That’s looking real good man! класс!

No problem man :o

That’s looking real good… and fast.

Nice work :smiley: !

Last thing would be to use a flare texture with a black background and use ‘add’ as the alpha blend mode in the materials tab

Making the texture darker = more transparent in add mode.

• come on man, maybe you’ll do it yourself and sharing … and show by example what’s the difference?

Thanks for the comment.:evilgrin:

Add mode basically adds the white value of pixels on top of the background elements, you should be using it for all light based effects.

What it looks like:

BLEND FILE (google drive because BA won’t let me upload)

Nice work, but did you control the scale of the light flare, to get small when your near and big when your far

Thanks!
But node with decreasing intensity does not work…:frowning:

• Scale control is needed for the realism of the effect, and the nodes lower the intensity … - but in the Thatimster example, the distance nodes do not work.

Here is a version with decreasing node intensity + add alpha :wink:

The reason it didn’t work before is because alpha is not necessary for using ‘add’ mode. It only uses the color value of a pixel. Hence we need to multiply both the colors of the pixels by the distance.

To change how bright the lights are tweak the minimum value.

FlareScale_UPGRD (1).blend (4.71 MB)

So if a node can actually do this,how can I control a rain drop texture on object by node’s, if I want it to be visible and invisible

So if a node can actually do this,how can I control a rain drop texture on object by node’s, if I want it to be visible and invisible