First Ever Individual Project.

Hello all, new to the forums! So I am very new to blender and 3D art in general :spin: I created my first piece that wasn’t made by following a tutorial of some sort and would appreciate some critique on the lighting as this was my reason for making this. I know it’s just a still of a pretty basic shape but a critique would be appreciated as something feels a little off. Thanks!!

It can look good as a wallpaper, and wallpaper it is. There is not much to critique about here, but try this:

Remove the yellow lighting. Make the background black. Since you are very new to blender, I recommend you watch more tutorials, because these simple things can be very easily made in GIMP or Photoshop. Don’t get me wrong. I make some wallpapers from Blender too, but only when they have a 3D aspect. Example:

ha! pretty bad. But you can see it has a 3D aspect and is not flat. :slight_smile:

I think it’s a great(!) graphic. (Post #1 …)

I suppose I’m dating myself when I say I’d expect to see this kind of artwork on the cover of a really cool LP record.

(“In the days of vinyl,” the LP record sleeve was a 12-inch square of pure graphic creativity. A deceptively simple graphic like this one would “reach out and grab you.”)

I wouldn’t do one damned thing to it – except to be very proud of it. :yes:

I get what you mean, and I’ll take your advice about the yellow lighting. It was incredibly simple to make in the grand scheme of things, and definitely could have been made in photoshop or GIMP. I could have taken the shot from another angle on glass even perhaps to give it something that would make it more appropriately a blender project. Thanks for the reply!

Thank you for the kind words sundialsvc4! It was something simple to test lighting just to see if I had the swing of things, but I’m glad it looks that good as a graphic! I’ll work hard and make sure that my next post is more of a proper 3D project. Almost a month into Blender now :spin:

The triforce symbol could almost be a part of a bigger scene where that is a wall decoration