Question about using memory

Hey guys,
I’m trying to render only the best of the best for YOU GUYS, and I’ve come across this error CUDA error: Out of memory in cuMemAlloc(&device, pointer_size)

I’ve done some digging to realize that it has something to do with memory. I’ve tried the simplify tool so far, and it renders 1 512x512 square before throwing in the towel. I also saw that someone said the texture size has something to do with it too. So my questions are:

-If I edit each texture down in an appropriate dimension, that’ll do the trick?? But there are so many textures T.T
-Is there a way to use VRAM? Right now I peak at 3.2 GB, can i make it higher?
-Is there another way i can reduce the memory used during rendering?

I look forward to your replies, thx in advance.

So how much VRAM does your GPU have? Do you have integrated Graphics on your CPU? Than you could use this to drive your display and save at least the VRAM on your GPU for that. Scaling your texture resolution down might help a lot depending on how many you use and how much you can reduce the resolution, hard to tell without in depth information.

If you need the high resultions this might also help you:https://www.blenderguru.com/articles/how-to-render-a-complex-scene-without-crashing/

Use simplify -> Texture Limit Render -> set to 512x512 or 256x256 to make the max resolution that for every image in the scene at once.

-Is there a way to use VRAM? Right now I peak at 3.2 GB, can i make it higher?

How are you egtting this measurement? through blender or through gpu-z? if through blender, it doesnt take into account the memory usage from windows / blender viewport etc.etc.etc.

-Is there another way i can reduce the memory used during rendering?

Render via command line
Reduce image textures
reduce object complexity (no point rendering a heavily subdivded flat face)
dont use microdisplacements
make sure the same object is linked data with no modifiers.
etc.etc.etc