Frequency error message on launch of 2.78c

When launching Blender 2.78c on Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit, a console screen appears for a fraction of a second showing an error message. I can read parts of it in the time available - something about updateparams and frequencies (Hz). Is there a way of slowing the launch allowing humans to read the error message? I think Blender is making do with a suboptimal frequency of something. I also notice while moving an object and constraining the movement to X, Y or Z axes, the object jitters between being on the axis and on the mouse cursor. This may be connected with what the message is referring to. Any advice would be appreciated.

you can open the console (top menu>window>toggle window console) and see what’s writen there. I suspect it will be something related to your sound configuration. Your system might be using 44KHz while by default Blender is configured to 48KHz.

You can change the sound settings on the preferences panel>System to be the same as in your OS, or the other way around. Though this ‘error’ is not a big deal; Blender fixes it automatically by switching the config to what your system uses.

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Technical Support”

You can see that text if you launch Blender from the command line. If I recall correctly, it’s sound configuration-related (as Secrop mentioned).

Many thanks. This solves it.