Need help with "Multiple addons using the same name found!" error

Hello,

I would like some help with this error :

I understand that this is a common occurrence since third party add-ons are regularly integrated into Blender releases - meaning that duplicates are bound to happen when porting previous preferences and add-ons to a new version folder.
I have looked through the two locations where addon files are stored but could not spot any duplicates. As explained here :

I also understand that this is a known issue and that a fix has been worked on :
https://developer.blender.org/D791
Is this downloadable and usable in 2.78 ? I do not understand the layout and terminology of this page.

So all that said, what is the proper way for me to actually identify the duplicates ? This is a benign error which doesn’t prevent me from working, but I would like to keep my addons list clean nonetheless.

Thank you for your time.

Either read info on errors and see paths of conflicting addons from console: Info Editor > Window > Toggle System Console

or

Check (Read from) the Addons list: User Preferences > Addons Tab

Hello burnin. The console message and corresponding line in the py file mentioned in it are :

Unfortunately they do not help at finding the duplicate. I am looking for a reproducible list of steps to find them the same way Blender finds them.

Thanks.