Rendering is Blank/White Space in Cycles Render (v2.77)

Hi

I’m experiencing a strange error which source that I cannot seem to find. When I click ‘Render Image,’ the progress bar flashes and the render is the black and gray “transparent” view. When I click “Render Animation,” the progress bar flashes several times and the frames are nothing but white space.

I have looked online. My camera is positioned correctly. All of my objects are visible (and on the same layer). The ‘world’ background is actually black and not overwhelming. In ‘Properties’, under ‘Render,’ under ‘Film,’ the ‘transparent’ button is unchecked.

I have no idea what the problem is. if anyone knows, that would be a great help.

Thanks,
AerialBot

If you go into preview rendered mode then preview the active render layer, is it correct?

Hi Doublebishop

Yes.

I’d suggest, in Render Properties, under post processing, uncheck Compositing and Sequencer, just to remove those possible culprits from the equation.

1 Like

Hi SkpFX

That worked! Thank you so much!

Thanks again,
AerialBot

Thanks, that’s good to hear. I’ve struggled with the same issue before. What I learned is, the preview render isn’t routed through the compositor, so anytime the preview and the final render are coming out differently the compositor is a probable reason. I’m really not familiar with the sequencer, but if it’s not being used, it doesn’t hurt to shut it off.

Have Fun!

EDIT: As a note, doublebishop was on the right track, and probably had the answer if I hadn’t jumped in so quick.

1 Like

Hi Doublebishop and SkpFX

Thank you both!

AerialBot