Key differences between Mechanical Blender, AutoCad 2018, and Autocad 2012?

Hi guys! I new to learning AutoCad and Mechanical Blender and would like to learn the main differences between these programs.

Is there anyone who has used Mechanical Blender, AutoCad 2018, or an older version of AutoCad that could mention the main differences between them?

• Can files created in Mechanical Blender work in AutoCad and vice versa?
  • Is there anything one couldn’t do that another couldn’t? Any missing tools?
  • How did you find working in each? Is working in them efficient or frustrating?
  • Was one harder to learn? Did it not have enough options?
  • Is mechanical blender a solid option compared to AutoCad?
  • What would you be getting for the $185 a month with AutoCad that you wouldn’t with Mechanical Blender?

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it!

That’s a lot of questions! I can only offer you short approximate answers.

No.

• Is there anything one couldn’t do that another couldn’t? Any missing tools?

Yes.

• How did you find working in each? Is working in them efficient or frustrating?

Everything is frustrating.

• Was one harder to learn? Did it not have enough options?

Everybody learns differently.

• Is mechanical blender a solid option compared to AutoCad?

No.

• What would you be getting for the $185 a month with AutoCad that you wouldn’t with Mechanical Blender?

AutoCad.

If you need to design something and create drawings for it, AutoCAD (any recent vintage) would be the tool of choice. Same thing if you need to work on DWG drawings or models. It’s designed from the ground up as a design/drafting tool, although it tends to suffer a bit on the 3D side. It also has a number of APIs for customization provided you get the full product and not the LT version.

Don’t forget to consider AutoCAD clones as well. BricsCAD is a popular (and cheaper) alternative with many of the same features.

Thanks for the help everyone! It definitely helps!

About mechanical blender, is currently in development,they are missing lots of features (translated to lots of hours work).

I have not tried / done anything in Autocad 2018 in fact, last version i used was 2014.

Mechanical blender is not mirroring to Autocad

Draftsight