Noob needs help with basic Settings

Hi!
Hi I used to model in Softimage and now I want to give Blender a serious try. I am not an native english speaker so forgive my bad english :smiley:

So far i have run into two problems:

1. How can i pan the camera when i am in Edit Mode? Orbiting and Zooming works.
  2. When i click and drag a single Point in edit mode, the cursor doesn’t let go the point until i clicked left once more. (I put select on left mouse button). What Setting do i need to change that the point doesn’t stick to the cursor once i let go of the left mouse button? I move single points a lot and clicking twice for every point i move makes my hair fall out :smiley:

Help would be much apprechiated! thanks a lot guys! :slight_smile:

1.Shift+MMB
2. You’re on your own with custom key binds. By default, Right mouse button selects a vertex and pressing “G” or holding RMB allows you to move it, LMB confirms it.

1. User Preferences > Editing tab > Transform > Check “Release confirms”:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27650383/29-04-2017%2022-59-29.png

To automatically confirm the move when you release the mouse button, go to User Preferences->Input. Under 3D View->3D View(global) find the Translate, tweak binding, and expand it. Put a check on Confirm on Release.

EDIT: IkariShinji, I don’t know why, but like the OP I’m set to left select, and the release confirms option doesn’t work in my setup. If it works, then I would say it’s the best option. Otherwise it can be forced by editing the key binding.

Works fine here with left select and “Emulate 3 Button Mouse”…
Do you by any chance have some selection mode on left-click and drag?

Thanks Guys! , so far the “release confirms” thing did the trick. AWESOME!

I tried to key bind the pan (move) in edit mode to “alt-left” and this does not work.
If i key-bind the “move” to “Alt-middle” it works.

My ideal would be “Alt-right” for Orbiting, “Alt-left” for Moving and “Alt-Middle” for Zooming.

Is it impossible to have “Alt-Left” for Moving and selecting on the left on the same time?

Sorry if this sounds confusing :smiley:

it takes a while to get into customizing blender.

i’d advise trying some custom setups before diving in yourself. it’ll give you an idea of where you can take it.
you can then either modify them, or use to reverse engineer and canibilize to make your own.

i recommend trying both my cusrom setuo, and rSelection Addon by PLyczkowski.