BGE_FPS_game_KIT (WIP) [update 29/07/17]

Hello everyone

Old name thread - FPS full settings - BGE [WIP]

https://youtu.be/CyQ-Te1PFyE

In the process of developing my little game, I solve some issues (using the Blender community including). And when solving the issue of saving and loading, I decided to make a kit - Intro, menu, save, and pause, but then I realized that it would be much and decided to unite all together in the game kit.

Link to file - GAME_KIT

Structure of the project:

/myGame #the project’s root folder, the name can be changed
/myGame/myGame.blend #file with a empty, need to compile with BGE - starts the intro. The name can be changed.
After that file names can not be changed, you can only replace files, and / or add new ones, expanding the functionality.
/myGame/data #folder with game files
/myGame/data/
intro.blend #file intro, runs the menu (after execution) - can change the texture, the logic itself … but the transition is always to the menu.
/myGame/data/menu.blend #file menu, launches game levels, can change the texture.
/myGame/data/textures #texture folder
/myGame/data/sounds #folder with sounds
/myGame/data/models #folder with models
/myGame/data/levels #folder with game levels

Thanks!

I changed the settings of the stairs a little …

Hey, good luck with this! One thing i found helpful with fps characters is to use a capsule shape instead of a cylinder. This way you will not get stuck at small bumps on the floor.

Thank you. At the expense of the capsule, I ponder, I understood what you are writing about.
And you creative luck!
I already solved the problem with the ladder (without bugs), with the help of Vladas (Владас)- the platform and the Glow - it was all me braking.
And I thought that somebody would come to this, there are a lot of places for flags in the menu :yes: … and the question is urgent for everyone :rolleyes:!

Join everyone who is interested in this topic - it’s time to solve such a question for everyone.

After getting lost reading, i wonder what is the question?

• I want to develop a universal player, and some basic effects - for example, a platform, a ladder, and even a glow is already decided - this was not the case first. I was helped in this Vladas (Владас ) - I must ask him if he wants to flag his country and the name in the game menu. All that is on the forum examples of setting FPS are a little complicated, and not very versatile - I just thought that if the topic is of interest to everyone, then many will connect to it. Some kind of common cause - as a rule for one solution there are optimal options.

Hi guys!

I made a small update of my project, the main changes:

• the player moves diagonally without acceleration
  • the player does not slip off the skew surfaces
  • changed the collision bounds on the capsule - so correctly physically

What remains to be done for games?

• crouching, lifting of objects
  • swimming in the water, and immersion in the fog
    ---------light version of FPS settings will be completed
  • parkour

Thank you for attention!

p.s. i looked at some variants of scripts with mathematics, and my frozen brains said stop - disabling gravity when the WSAD keys are not pressed like here - zero gravity

The last update for the FPS settings, then there will be a game КІТ.

1. I made a jumppad - now it transfers the power of the jump to the player, and the force in the parameters of the jumppad is adjusted.
  2. Optimized the script code slightly.
  3. Player speed and jump power are now in the properties of the object.

Thank you for attention.

There are a lot off errors in the console.So you want people to fix the errors in this.You should of said that if that is the case.

Read new prefs: C:\Users\barbara\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\config\userpref.blend
found bundled python: C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\python
Loading MHX2 importer-runtime v 0.28
Loading MHX2 armature
build loaded
MHX2 armature loaded
shaders.py
shaders.py done
MHX2 successfully (re)loaded
version 3 imported
read blend: C:\Users\barbara\Desktop\BGE_FPS_game_KIT-20170727T210826Z-001\BGE_FPS_game_KIT\FPS full settings BGE\FPS_full_settings.blend

Blender Game Engine Started
Warning, sensor “Mouse” has lost a link to a controller (link 1 of 1) from object “UA_NM”
possible causes are partially appended objects or an error reading the file,logic may be incorrect
Warning, sensor “Mouse.001” has lost a link to a controller (link 1 of 1) from object “UA_NM”
possible causes are partially appended objects or an error reading the file,logic may be incorrect
Warning, sensor “Mouse” has lost a link to a controller (link 1 of 1) from object “UA_NM”
Warning, sensor “Mouse.001” has lost a link to a controller (link 1 of 1) from object “UA_NM”
Blender Game Engine Finished

now i see the save and load one works.But the other blend does not.

i downloaded the wrong one.
download this one.
BGE_FPS_game_KIT-20170727T211023Z-001

• man, you scared me … This is a bug of the Blender, in the sensor system “Mouse.001” does not exist - rather a bug of saving the file. In the menu there is nothing to bugger, everything is on logic. The most important thing is that in the player’s script there are no bugs, and the rest is a trifle.
    In any case, the project FPS full settings - BGE [WIP] is closed. There will be a restart in a new form.
    And in Linux Blender runs without a console, I never looked at these errors. Thank you for your criticism, now I’ll run Blender through the console and see if there are any errors.
    Once again I write - errors there should not be, everything is simple. Errors are only for scripts or shaders, but on logic blocks only software errors. The bug of read/write the file itself - sometimes it happens.
  • As I wrote above - two projects (themes) will unite. I’ll be looking at the console now, before uploading the file. Thank you. I hope at least one example will benefit you.
    By the way, the console there also gave out an error that there is no module … but this is not something that would create a bug, but a notification - this does not affect the overall performance.

i made the door openable.then placed ground underneath the building.Why did you not include the textures seperate?that would be a help.You could add many more textures seperately.It is supposed to be a fps_game_kit

• You downloaded a temporary example - intro, menu, save / load, and pause (I did it in half an hour). The project itself is being reworked - the structure will be different, more universal. Of course, the textures will not be packed, they will be in the general texture folder of the project.
    Thank you for attention.

I would make modular peices of buildings that could be duplicated.I would make modular peices for rooms that could be duplicated.

• It’s all for later, now the development of universality, and the system of saving - both levels, as well as settings, and saving inside the game level.

Well.
I already ripened in my head - the structure and principle of the project.

Created an intro, where you can easily change the texture and sound.
Made an interactive menu - while stopped at the “continue” …
Work on as possible.

It turned out even a little stylish.

In the “work” folder there are working files, in vector and raster editors you can change colors and other, and change the textures of the project. By this principle in the future will be developed blanks - intro, menu … Intro and the menu in the future may well be with animation and characters, or as in Farcry© - with a flight over the island. The most important thing is the structure of the project, logic and scripts.
From the synematics I refused in favor of logic (game engine) - people should see the possibilities and style of the game, and not the beauty of the pre-rendered video.

Thank you for attention.

ps with the executable file, you can run the whole project in Linux as a future game.

very good very good very good very good very good very good very good very good very good very good very good

okay I will wait for it to be developed more.

Hi.
At the moment that is ready:

• done saving loading levels. Now, without much difficulty, you can add new levels, that’s just saving in each level you have to load from the pause menu - I’ll try to finish it later.
  • the structure of the game file (level) with four scenes is completed.

Loading the levels made from the lesson here is his:

Saving the finished level of the lesson from ThaTimst3r

I would like to expand the possibilities of “save/load the game” inside the level as in this topic, but while the hoarfrost on my brains does not move thoughts:D.

Thank you for attention.