LONDON - 3D/Photoshop/Unreal Engine - AsymmetricA Ltd

Hi there to everyone reading this!

I am posting here on behalf of AsymmetricA Ltd, a London based creative architectural visualization studio.

We have a nice & nerdy small office full of top hardware near Clapham Junction and are looking to extend our team. It is expected you would relocate to London and work here with us, as unfortunately we can’t accept freelance jobs due to the strict deadline nature of our work.

Our website: http://asymmetrica.co.uk/

We don’t believe in the whole industry standard hiring process of “3 years of experience in a …” we do, however, believe in individuals with high drive for improvement, who are joyful about their work and want to cooperate in a team of like minded people. We learn from each other so be prepared to get some awesome new skills both in software and general approach to arch viz work.

We appreciate polygonal modelling, proper UV texturing, some Photoshop, Krita or GIMP skills but are open to teach you if that is the case. Also knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 (or Unity) would be great but isn’t necessary. You will learn to work a bit in 3ds Max (not really modelling but more like general scene preparation for rendering) and we render our images in the amazing new Corona Renderer.

Right now there are 6 of us but we have worked on numerous arch viz projects for almost 3 years now. I am the only one who uses Blender as a modelling software (the rest uses 3ds Max) but our boss has became very welcoming to Blender as he’s very satisfied with the high level of polygonal modelling, UV mapping and general scene management Blender provides, so there is no problem there.

In case you are interested, leave me an email at [email protected] and I’ll get back to you.
Apart from your portfolio (online or pdf form), please put in a few sentences about yourself and specifically your history with 3D, Blender or architecture & art itself.

Looking forward to eventually meeting you (hopefully) :slight_smile:

It’s really great to see archviz professionals using Blender. Curious to what extend you use it? Modeling?