Python Package Manager

Raja Kumar Kedia
Sculpting Tool

Witt
Sculpting Tool Improvements

Darshan Kadu
Improvement of Vertex Painting

more details through the link below:

Surprised to not see Krita or Godot in the list of organizations this year, but maybe I´m just crap at searching the site :stuck_out_tongue:

Even if only half of this stuff gets in Blender before 2.8, it’s going to be an amazing release.

Giggity to the first three and shout outs to gandalf3.

:frowning: nothing about Higher Quality Solidify Modifier or Boolean modifier improvements :frowning:

I’m happy to see “real” tools in the GSOC, like implicit skinning, sculpting tools,… In other hand it’s sad have better tools for sculpting without multiresolution working well.

PD: FOr the custom normal tools, we have YAVNE, with a lot of good ideas. But some people ask for a “weighted normals” modifier and yes, it will be great for all people have a modifier to put over things like bevel, will be perfect.

Cool, great and best of luck wishes to all students.

package manager is so needed!

Oh wow, implicit skinning suprised me !
Thought it wouldnt make it regarding the newest (30.4.) commit mail !
==> https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2017-April/048330.html

Really eager to see this develop !

Krita is part of the KDE project. There is a watercolor brush and other things in there. Not sure on Godot.

Edit: also, good luck to the students~

Implicit skinning with x-muscle addon will make an incredible combo.

Oh man, I so much hope implicit skinning is gonna make it. Other stuff sounds cool too, but I don’t about this Mantaflow “improvement” - I thought integration was still in progress, no ?

You missed one – https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#4606506644275200

Improvements to Vertex Painting

The implicit ‘deform’ (I think Ton meant skinning) student may have a scheduling conflict already.

Indeed. Amended.

Meh. _

I’m amazed and relieved to know that someone is tackling implicit skinning (even though there’s no 100% guarantee). But while we’re at it, why not directly Elastic implicit skinning which is much superior ? Is it too much complicate ?

So many sculpting improvements. Not that I’m complaining, I’m doing a lot of organic modelling lately so that’s great news for me…

I think that is the paper he intended to implement, but the student got an internship so might not be doing GSoC.

Woowwww :). Implicit Skinning , this feature is really what I like the most.

Shylon Haha ! Too bad for us.

May I ask, Why bad for you?