Is this available in Blender right now? (as feature or as an addon)

Hi there

I saw this video:

And it´s awesome to use grease pencil to pose characters, is this feasible as of today?

Cheers!

Joshua has been working for a similar feature also:

But both are in hold for now. I think it would be very cool with the bendy bones also but probably not the priority atm.

An other software has just been released and use the same workflow :

That software is the one that made me ask about this, mainly because we don´t want to work outside of the main package for animation.

Cheers and thanks for the answer!

I’m sorry I don’t have an answer for your question but I just wanted to say, I was at Siggraph in LA in like 2006 and stopped at the Disney booth where they were demoing their software enhancements. One was something very similar and was billed as a tool to ease their 2D department into doing 3D. Basically the same technique but inside Maya. Anyway, I went again in 2008 and checked in with them to see whatever happend to it. They said it was pretty much a dead end because the 2D animators just figured out how to use mice. In the end the they said the drawing method didn’t offer enough control. and there wasn’t an easy and intuitive way to define roll.

Just thought that was interesting. One of those tools that seem like it would be really cool but once you start actually it you discover that it’s actually more cumbersome. My mind quickly goes to Full Body IK systems; Great in theory, faulty in practice.

the tool was created by a user here on the forum here named Aligorith