Wisecracks in the Wind (codename)

Hello World

Welcome to my action adventure game project, comments and suggestions are welcome and for a limited time I will be responding to Q&A to boost support for this project.

This game is being made in blender 2.49b (because it can) and will be released free-to-play when finished.

What kind of game is it? It’s a Comedy, The story, characters and concepts are of my own design, the game-play elements will be a mix of Mario, Zelda, Metroid and Castlevania, there is a main video on my patreon project page showing the game-play functionality and the main banner image shows the Zone Map system.

Please spread this to your friends!

Why don’t you provide atleast images ?

Fred/K.S

I like the mechanics so far and the mashup of game concepts is really enticing. The completeness of your development pipeline is reassuring. Personally, I usually only follow games for really unique multiplayer or a well developed and immersive story or environment, so I’d have to see more of that before considering a monthly donation, but that’s not to say I won’t down the line. The lack of visuals might be a drawback for some other people as well. It is a solid start, and I like where it’s heading.

You should considering diluting the part about your current job. The meaning should stay the same, but without targeting your students or superiors directly. It means well, but comes across too brash. It’s the kind of thing that can turn people away before they really get to go through your overview.

I hope that helps at all. Best of luck!

I added the picture of the map system above.

Not much is done in the graphics department, other than a few textures, like steel and brick and the male character base is made and rigged. the main character base was actually made for another project which is still in the workings but on the back-burner at the moment due to lack of time and funds.

Some unique graphics aspects for this game have been started but are not finalized yet, by started I mean modeled but not textured.

the video on the patreon page shows the gameplay as of current, as you can see theres only a placeholder character ‘cube’.

here’s the graphics I have at current:

the steel texture works best as a reflection rather than just a normal map.

and now for a brick texture also made for another game but I’ll end up using it here as well:

thanks, lets see if I can remove the part about my job or not.

and yeah I spent most of the time on game-play rather than graphics, but I am capable to good graphics, I’ll look into doing some more visual stuff next. I had planned to do a skin normal map today, we’ll see how things go.

I appreciate the feedback and critique!

Not bad at all man keep up the Good work i like it !!!
Don’t you plan to make it an open world action adventure?

Remember Graphics can always be improved on first work on the base assets of the Game be4 you even do the graphics !!!
I spent more than 5 years modeling models on Blender and i only started my Racing Game project in 2014 today its improving.

Fred/K.S

I like the part about the job. It’s a nice personal tidbit that helps your contributors get to know the developer a little. I just think it comes across too strong.

As for the graphics, worry about them in due time, just be sure to showcase them when you have them to show. For developers, the mechanics are definitely the most important part, but a majority of your potential contributors will be non-developer gamers. They will want to see the graphics and gameplay to make a decision.

It will be somewhat open world, there will be vast open spaces and nearly everything will be climbable to a point, but there may still be areas which are inaccessible or ‘off the map’, granted do be on the look out for that as this progresses, as there will be lots of Easter Eggs hidden all over the place.

as it’s in the Metroid, zelda, castlevania gameplay model there will be secrets that may not be apparent at first sight.

A new image is up on the patreon page for donors at a $2 level. It’s of a new “Fairy Skin” texture I just made in use on a simple plane.

also there is an update that should be for $1 contributors but as there are no contributors yet I’ve made it public.

yeah, I toned it down.

as for graphics, as there are no donors yet I decided to handle that as it’s less work than putting all the game-play together.

I made this week’s update early because, I actually like to talk about my work, it’s actually hard not to update people when something happens. this week I mastered the rigging on my Male Base model and am converting it to a ‘sleek’ version versus the massively muscular version seen previously.

it’s a public image update to attract viewers with some graphics. there will be more of this sort to come later in the week.

Some pictures of the extents the rig can bend are posted 2 are freebies the rest require a $2 membership.

There is also an update on the state of things I’ve worked on this week and what I will accomplish next week, that update is public. look forwards to seeing some scenery graphics soon.

So this week was rough, nigh constant spending and I only see more scheduled spending in the future. it’s not me that’s demanding the spending either…:frowning: I’m looking at the kind of spending that is consistently more than I make.

But, I did get some minor graphics done, I made some intentionally fake looking tall grass which you can see a picture of in the latest update on my patreon page, the update is free as I really need to attract patrons for obvious financial reasons. not just to sooth spending, but hopefully to take away the need to do other work, that’s the main problem here is that I end up having to spend most of my time working on things not related to the game to make back lost money. and that’s a waste of valuable game design time.

hectic these last few weeks. no time for much. the female rig is mostly finished, enough so that I feel good about it, I probably could do to add some shapekeys for size of certain things before simplifying it to a sleek version. progress is slow because of IRL getting in the way, work and running around…