Can You Export a Blender Scene With Drivers to Unreal Engine?

I’m interested in using Unreal Engine to produce animated short films. However, most of my character animation relies on rigs, which rely on drivers. I’d like to take my entire Blender scene and export it to Unreal with the animations still intact. FBX export will lose facial animations and anything else that relies on drivers. Is there a way that I can export my entire scene?

Not right now, but if Alembic support is implemented properly in both Blender and UE4, that’ll be the way to go.

You can import Alembic in Unreal Engine and export it from Blender. Unfortunately, whenever I try that, the meshes usually end up having a weird pattern all over them that I can’t get rid of. That’s why I was looking for an alternative solution.

There’s no better format than Alembic for this purpose, but as you found out, it’s not quite there yet.

If you’re just doing bone animation (not sure about shape keys), you also might be able to bake drivers.

I’m using a combination of shape keys and bones in my rigs, so I guess Alembic is really the only way to go. I guess you’re right when you say it’s not quite there. On top of the other problem I mentioned, my computer keeps running out of memory when I try to import my file. Oh well. I guess I’ll just have to wait until Alembic support is better implemented.