realtime shadows ray tracing test (glsl code)

(wip)

THATS SO BADASS! :ba:

what hardware are you running? that looks it runs real smooth.

My notebook is nothing special, intel i5 2.4-3.2 Ghz and I’m using the embedded video card (an intel hd4000), however, the analytical algorithms i’m using are only valid for shadows, which is why it’s fast enough ^^

i kinda guessed it was an integrated based on the stats.

even still, the bge has been waiting for dynamic shadows like these forever. and the fact its running on an hd4000 is even more amazing. how many lights can you put in?

There is no limit on lights, everything depends on the hardware, for each fragment the program calculates the light rays projections, so if we double the lights, we double the calculations.
Also the geometries are stored in memory and passed to the shaders for the intersection test, so the costs also depend on the geometric complexity of the scene, spherical objects cost little unlike the meshes that can not be described by mathematical formulas, for example a mesh consisting of 20 triangles costs almost like 20 spheres.
I will have to do other tests where I will set the limits for the number of memorable geometries at higher values to investigate the limits of this solution

Have you tested it on animated characters yet?

Not yet, after I try to do a test, I do not think there are big problems if the number of polygons is not too high