Rolls Royce Phantom III Cabriolet need advise for lighting and other things

It took me around 10 hours to do mainly because it was my first big project.
I’ve done a couple things in the past but nothing serious. I know my model needs refining like I wanted it to look like this:http://imgur.com/a/jkb5r
but I just knew I couldn’t have that many details tho I tried put up the steering wheel and details on the tires and rims and the fenders but I I know am not there yet! and the glossy thing. I don’t know how to do it. I tried putting glossy and difuse into a mix shader but I didn’t see any difference, did that for the main body, the biggest fender have toon bsdf set to diffuse. And I have 3 area lights one of the front one on the left side and one inside the sits where there’s no sits. and a hemi light by rear left side. I still have to watch some more tutorials.

Please advise me on the lighting. I got some input on #blender but I wanted to try this site too. In your expert opinion is this any good?

I was inspired on ladysorrow for this model.

Attachments

I’m so thrilled about this model here are more prints:

I still need more on lighting tips. I can look myself some good tutorials but will love your input too. Like enviroment background recomendations?

Doesn’t look much like a Rolls-Royce, but… For the paintwork, search Mike Pan’s car paint or PBR Materials. You should try a basic Studio HDRI for initial lighting, just search this out, there are many available on the 'net.

Cheers, Clock.

can you tell me where can I find this mike tut? I can’t see it on ba or yt. I will look on pbr materials as I still don’t know what that is. after that I’ll apply the hdri lighting I wanna do things in steps. I still want to improve this car tho this was my first great project I ever done in 3d.

i would suggest aproachig smaller projects, maybe the parts of the car by itself.

We all had to start somewhere :slight_smile: A car is a very hard project for a beginner.
For the shader Just search for " Mike pan car paint shader" on Google, you’ll find it there.

There is a bunch of different ways to go about making a car, but one of the keys to them all is references and blueprints. They help keep things in black and white. The human mind tends to leave out details and cut corners on what it can remember and even sometimes exaggerates features. A good set of reference pictures will go a long way. Keep with it and as I have learned, the more you work on it the better and faster it comes to you. Blueprints such as these help quite a bit, https://www.the-blueprints.com/vectordrawings/show/8895/rolls-royce_phantom_i_jonckheere_coupe/

Hope this helps a little bit with explaining. Again, stick with it. We all started from the “cube” :slight_smile: