Autumn leaves

Hello every one!
Here is my latest blender illustration :

You can follow the Wip of this work : https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?420416-Autumn-illustration-WIP

2 Likes

I like it! nice textures!

Thank you Animan333!

an OpenGL preview of the scene :

This is so lovely! The style is pretty uncommon, but this might be the best non-photorealistic work I have seen in quite a while! :slight_smile:

So cute! So nice! Thank You for sharing!

Aesop would be proud. Well done! Looks like a mini theatre. Very cool.

Great colours! Really dig the style for the sky and overall composition.

There are some distracting artifacts around the leaves (and other objects). Also since it is a cartoon, colors could be slightly more vibrant imho.
But all of this can be fixed in photo editor, so not a big deal.

Do you mean Jcompression (JPEG) artifacts or rendering artifacts?

I don’t know, if they are from rendering or compression, but they are quite visible - especially against the sky background.

Are you the same person who was featured on Blender Guru’s Blender Art Critique? If so it looks great! It’s easier to lpolice at with the blue sky instead of the paper background. If you aren’t the person from BAC, it still looks great :stuck_out_tongue:

Artefacts seams resulting of the jpeg compression… I try to post a new version :

@bearguyty : I never post on BAC, sorry, I don’t know…What do you mean about paper background?

just a small camera animation around the illustration, before animating characters :

If I remember well you posted something in touch with spring recently ?.. Did you plan to depict the four seasons ?
Does your illustration makes reference to "Le corbeau et le renard " ? If so, you forget the cheese… :wink:
Most seriously, I like your cartoon style and I would like to be able to achieve such beautiful pics… I like the details of the paint on the trees and Animals are so cute.
Well done.

Inspirational. Nice stuff!