Best way to render speedpaints

Hey everyone, I am new to Blender and this forum, but I have done a bunch of research before posting this.

I wanted to set up my very first speedpaint for Youtube and after much consideration, chose Blender to do it with since the understanding I have is that it can handle speedpaints, but also can do 2D animation as well as Adobe Animate… At least that’s what I am hoping…

So far I am hit with a few snags that google searches haven’t been able to help me with, and it seems that, although youtube tutorials are helpful, the videos are chartered to more streamlined or varrant posts. So I’m putting my query to the collective wisdom of the Blender veterans for some help.

1. Why is there a limit to frames in Blender and how can I overcome this? I have screen captured a few days worth of video and, since I am doing a speedpaint, I have quite a bit of footage that I want to speed up to 6 ish minutes. However, it seems that I can only render 500 000 frames at a time, rendering my video into 5 sections (which is better that 50, but still....) Is there a way to overcome this and do the whole movie at once....

2. Speed control-Global Speed or Frame Step?
So here is one place where my search engine and youtube skills fail me. On most sites, people talk about the Speed Control editor as a solution to speed up videos by rendering them “by the Nth frame”, yet only being able to apply a speed control to 1 clip at a time makes the task a little daunting. Also, this doesn’t allow me to see how many frames the collective movie will take once sped up, to better estimate at what speed I should set it.

In further research, there was an article about “Global Speed Setting” for speeding up the complete video. This made me wonder since I couldn’t find where the setting was placed, and the same kind of description was offered for Frame Step in the rendering preferences menu… So which method would one suggest for speeding up the capture of multiple videos without any exclusions?

3. Is rendering the right function?

Again, through my research, I was left wondering if I was doing the right thing… the quote that made me pause was “…at which rate you render so that when you complete the final video, the film will be smoother” Does this mean that rendering a video isn’t how you export it for use on other places?

4. [Side note] Since I am asking all these questions, can someone verify Blender’s animation abilities?

What I would like to end up doing is video tutorials on aspects of how to draw that utilizes an avatar to tell the lessons. For this, I was looking for a program to compete with Adobe Flash (now Animate) to do keyframing, object manipulation, bone tooling, Keyframe Caddy, and other such useful tricks that a Flash animator would use. Because I am getting such variant explanations, I was hoping to get a straight answer on this matter.

Thanks everyone for your help!