fabric texture

Hi:
I’m trying to make a procedural texture for furniture, but i have not idea how make this little darker random lines (vertical and horizontal).
Any tip?

I made a similar procedural material using 2 wave textures, Post #14 in this thread
Links to blend and nodes, post #17
Looks like this:

amazing you work, i was playing (and broking :slight_smile: ) the blend file of your texture, but is not exactly what i need
like this:
is a simple fabric texture, with color base, and some little dark lines (random). (is a real photo).
i have the fabric texture, but no idea how add some dark lines upside…

feel like a fool ;-(

Do you want to use that black and white photo as part of the texture (bump or overlay), or are you trying to recreate the look using procedural nodes?

edit, double post.:spin:

i’m trying make it procedural, for easy change the base color

You can try something similar to this. Fabric mesh must be unwrapped. The ‘multiply’ nodes are from the converter->math menu.

thanks, this is ok for fabric pattern and base colour, but my dark lines are missing… …
my idea is overlay something this (but procedural):,

don’t know if is the best way, bat i put the last image (is seamlees), in your node setup as factor in overlay node, and works fine, i can chage the color and have the wanted lines!

sometimes, when you no control 100% node system is a little nightmare make some effects!
a lot of thanks

Looks pretty good, just keep experimenting until you like it, it’s one the best ways to lean nodes.

Procedurally, I would simply do low level noise with mapping node to create brushed appearance, maybe with a gamma or contrast node (clamp it). Same for other direction but with mapping node flipped (i.e. 10, 0.1 instead of 0.1, 10), and then add or multiply the results together.