Through The Woods

First of all special thanks to Andrew Price, Zacharias Reinhardt, Lukas Walzer and Paul Siedler for the constant feedback, you guys are awesome.

Textures from Friendly Shade : https://www.friendlyshade.com/

Lately I’ve been spending too long on my daily job and my personal projects have been holded for quite a while… A whole year without making any idea of mine, can you believe that? So I decided to refresh my portfolio again with my personal taste.

The main reason of this project was to stress test the wonders of my new rig: 128gb of ram along 4x 1080ti and 2x Titan XP. The results were amazing: this scene have roughly 220 million polygons and lots of 16 and 32k textures at 16bit… The trees and plants are all 3d models, the only backdrop is the mountain at the end of the road which is a photograph I took during one of my trips last year. The viewport was so smooth…

In the other hand I wanted to improve and challenge myself at nature which to me, is one of the most intimidating subjects when it comes to CG.

Enjoy!

Sunny!

Overcast!

Ambient Occlusion

Diffuse Color Pass

Translucency Color Pass

Gloss Indirect Pass

Viewport

Road material

Attachments

18 Likes

Hey! look’s great, like ths Overcast version, so good job.
keep going :wink:

Amazing work! I’ve always loved such places and I have to say that these renders are one of the best I’ve ever seen. Have you modeled the foliage yourself or you used The Grove add-on? Share some more details, please!

very realistic! great work. I think the overcast looks better than sunny.

Wouldn’t expect anything less realistic-looking next time with that kind of rig :slight_smile:

I actually really wanted to see the node set-up, but when enlarge it’s too small to read still.

Amazing. The road material looks insane :slight_smile:

Yes sir! This is an amazing work. One of the most realistic landscapes I’ve seen in Blender so far. Congratulations! Wishing you a Top Row now!

It is so wonderful!!!

Thanks mate!

Thanks dude, these have been modeled.

incredible work!

Thanks mate! Glad you do, so do I, for some reason people liked most the sunny one though.

Hahahah I bet!

Thank you!!

Thanks for the great feedback Mr. Chuan! Thanks for wishing a top row, it would be an honor!

The results which can be had with Blender are becoming almost indistinguishable from real-life photographs.

Thank you!!

Awesome work! Out of interest, how exactly have you got all those GFX cards hooked up?

Speechless, great work Sebastian! How long does it take to render (+res), how did Vram behave?

Edit: Also where did you get the trees? :slight_smile: Tnx

Your render is so realistic, you master that piece