What I'm doing wrong?

Hello, I have a very but very simple question about modelling in Blender. Please do not delete this post its very important for me to understand what I’m doing wrong.

Why face with 4 vertices isn’t displaying correct?

if its not up, it will be in a moment.

ohh also, dont worry about your post being deleted :slight_smile: its very rare that the mods delete posts. they usually only move threads if missplaced.

no questions are too stupid, so go ahed, ask anything related to blender or other 3d software :slight_smile:

in text form

concave quad

non-planar face

Mesh menu -> clean up has operators to split those, which is sometimes enough and faster than going through the mesh manually.

Thank you very much! I’ve even don’t thought that you make youtube video. I’ve realy want to thanks once again. Answering your question I’m not new to Blender but last time I’ve used it (only playing around) was so long time ago that I don’t even remember (Blender 2.49). Now from about week or two I’m trying to make commercial in Blender for my portfolio and have some stupid newbie questions. My job is photography and 2D graphic :wink: I was learning it from begining in school and 3D only by internet. Day by day internet is more and more relayble way of learning but it still not enought “smart” to answer all questions. Ohhh… I’ve forget to answer that my system is Windows 7 Pro with graphic performance setted to minimal :wink:

Welcome to blenderartists.org! Here’s a couple of other sites you might find helpful:
https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/blender

i’ve used both of those for programming for years, but for some reason it didn’t occur to me that there would be sections for blender there too.

thanks!

Try to make sure that angles are less than 180 degrees.

i’ve used both of those for programming for years, but for some reason it didn’t occur to me that there would be sections for blender there too.

ha ha and facepalm… me too!