Fast Cameras - Addon for quick setup for Vr,3d and panoramic, turntable cameras

Hello,

Here is my new free addon : FastCameras.

/!\ Please, you must use nightly builds or wait until Blender 2.79, since it uses a camera directory.

Link :
https://gist.github.com/ethanaeris/cb4b1693e6bffb9f2b595fc1f1ebfb82
Installation:

1. Start Blender and open User Preferences. Click on the addons tab
  2. Click “install from file” , then choose downloaded zip or .py
  3. Check the addon to activate, then save user preferences

To use : Shift+A ->camera -> pick one of your choice

It automatizes a camera at the center of the scene, and setup the scene/camera for 3d, vr 360 side by side, and panoramic cameras (equilateral for cycles).

For now, it includes 3 types :

• Camera panoramic equilateral , for landscape renders
  • Camera vr Side by side 360 , for a 3d side by side 360° view
  • Camera 3d side by side, for a 3d side by side standard view .
    Think to uncheck spherical stereo in camera settings, if the render is planned to be view on TV, instead of headsets.

The render/camera settings are by default for vr headset (side by side, spherical stereo).

Think to increase the render resolution (at least*2)for good results.

V 0.5
Now, the fast cameras are created at the cursor position, instead of the absolute center of the scene.
I should have done this from the beginning :slight_smile:

There’s a way to include a ‘turntable view’ around an object in a quick way?
Like a mode with the camera going around the object; and/or an optional mode which the object itself is rotating in front of camera.

@Tosky
there’s already an addon for the “turntable view” usage :
camera_turnaround.py from Antonio Vasquez.
I think you can find it in the last builds.

I know of the “Look at it” addon but it would be interesting if your addon could focus on a preselected object. And if it were possible to a group of pre-selected objects.

@Tosky
Even if there’s an already existing addon for this, I’ll include my own implementation of turntable for the challenge :slight_smile:
I have an almost ready prototype, just some focus points related to the second part to solve.

@Uruburei
Do you mean a camera constraint as “Track to” for a selected object like this ?

:eyebrowlift: that is correct

Updated with the added turntable with track to constraint !

Thank you for your commitment. It was very good

I downloaded this addon yesterday. And after having to rename it from whatever cryptic name that github wanted to give the zip file AND determining that I HAD to use install from file rather than just copying the files into my addon directory, the addon would not ever unstall. When I press the checkbox in user preferences I get this error.

xception in module register(): ‘C:\Users\Dennis DeBerry\Desktop\Blender Files\blender278c\2.78\scripts\addons\fastcameras.py’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Dennis DeBerry\Desktop\Blender Files\blender278c\2.78\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 349, in enable
mod.register()
File “C:\Users\Dennis DeBerry\Desktop\Blender Files\blender278c\2.78\scripts\addons\fastcameras.py”, line 189, in register
bpy.types.INFO_MT_camera_add.append(menu_item)
AttributeError: ‘RNA_Types’ object has no attribute ‘INFO_MT_camera_add’

/!\ Please use last Blender 2.78.4 builds and beyond, since it uses a camera directory.
To use : Shift+A ->camera -> pick one of your choice

hi, you must use nightly builds or wait until 2.79 comes out

@ Meta-Androcto : You are right, I made it more clear in the first post. Thank you.

@Shaba1 : Please, try to download it by right-click on raw->save target as.
Or, just unzip it. You don’t have to rename anything.
And as said in the previous post, please use last build of Blender.
Hope it will help.
Thanks to your feedback, I give now installation steps in the first post.