About QUADDEL?

Hi anyone knows something about QUADDEL, more than the videos on the youtube chanel?
For what plataform is? is a plugin of other software? is related whith a plugin of blender that was about making coral like meshes?

Some quick research…looks like something from 2014…no download link for Quaddel found yet. Still searching for simpsymm, have not found yet. Let me know if you have any luck in this. Very interested. Going to check old hard drive for this, may have this but not sure.
On the blendernation link, read comments below.

Related links:

http://www.graphicine.com/christoph-bader-works-based-on-processes/

http://matter.media.mit.edu/people/bio/christoph-bader

https://www.google.com/search?q=simpsymm+download&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjBpr2zkvLTAhXMZiYKHW3lAjwQ1QIIcCgE&biw=1280&bih=579

quaddel is not cheap.Here is a link.

That’s for the 3D model, not the program.

Looks like a diffusion-reaction algorithm. It’s pretty popular in Houdini and getting a solver started in H is pretty trivial, though control can be challenging.

http://www.entagma.com/houdini-true-3d-reaction-diffusion/

That 3d printed 3dmodel is 168 dollars and seven cents.Oh my.

In the rest of the world it’s 213.25 dollars

There are some diffusion-reaction algorithms, on blender? maybe some obscure and forgoten addon?

If they do, it would not be using the method in Houdini since it’s reliant on volumetric functions. I’m guessing it would be possible with polygons (don’t know much about that), but I’d imagine it’d be slow. Even using VDB and a SOP Solver it’s pretty slow in H.

diffusion-reaction algorithms !

I check one algo for that and it is very complicated 2 order equations
and not easy to implement as a volume

may be one day someone can make a blender Addon for that

happy bl

If you see the quaddel video you could realize that quaddel have some sort of autocontrol of the mesh itself about it’s growing, is not only the object collision of the growing mesh with other meshes, but a kind of, aboiding autocollision on it’s own growth. That’s a breacktrougth on 3D mesh modelling. Todays strategies on softmodelling (Dinamic topology on sculpting) lack that capacity.
Maybe something difussionesque could be made with Animation Nodes add, as you see on the video. but lacks of the autocollisión feature.
<span style=“background-color: rgb(30, 30, 30);”>

I’d start playing with this before messing about with VDB based stuff - I also have a couple of Houdini scene files posted in my Vimeo feed with some variants of this technique…

Not really. I mean, it’s complex stuff, sure. But not really a breakthrough.

Very cool! Thanks! I’ll check out the HIPs later :slight_smile:

Your VDB work is great. But i think that the QUADDEL soft adds something really new on biolike modelling, see the video: the growing mesh have a kind of autocollision aboidance on his growing that is tipicall of the bio structures. Nor the sculpting strategies nor some more advanced procedural stuff todays have that technology. Is for that that i think that is a breacktrougth.

Hehe, no, it’s just different variations of reaction-diffusion, “old math”, so to speak. Here’s a similar setup in Houdini…

Definetively i have to take a look on houdini :slight_smile:

i would be interested to know if houdini is better than quaddel at this.

there’s this addon for blender

I still have no seen any serious work done with that addon for blender. The only one seen, dont differs from applying a texture and a displacement.
in any example shown, there is the typical autocolisión problem, that has not been solved. this kind of development need the function of an auto collisions detection of the own mesh.
you have 2 ways to achieve that:
the easy, use generated 2d reaction diffusión texture patterns and then extrude it moderately, trying to avoid the auto collision of the mesh parts not too evident.
the innovative, use a self collision detection on the vertices of the mesh as a data input that stops extrusion. Extrusion is too, controlled by texture patterns on the surface of the mesh.
this second way opens a new possibility of generating shapes, more similar to the nature biological one.
It would be still not completely capable of what nature generates. it would need a third steep.
Patterns that grow the surface have to be modified getting data from their position over the mesh and with the interaction of the environment.
this would be a truly Biomodelling approach.