Agent 327 premiere

The moment you´ve been waiting for. Streaming live like… now! :slight_smile:

edit: And it´s online!

I must say, this was the first Blender institute movie that ticked all boxes for me. Visuals, character design, animation, sound, story. Stellar job, congratulations to the whole team! And here´s hoping for a feature length Agent 327 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I did wonder why Boris needed a photo of Agent 327 when they obviously knew each other from before, but… nitpicking :wink:

Boris obviously got it from the bulletin board in the Bad Guys pub. He wanted to be sure that no one else takes the job.

Very nice work. Voice acting and everything is really solid.

The guy getting his head cut open was way darker than I expected (not a complaint just an observation). Overall it was a fantastic short, I hope this gets the attention Cosmos Laundromat did.

Yeah, pretty grim detail, but i liked it. I had fears it would be too childish or tame, that’s definitely not the case. I also wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end of the improvised flame thrower. Its a barbecue party.

Solid job guys it makes me really happy that I was a Blender Cloud subscriber for at least a year while this was been made, I wish I could have supported this until the end but these are tough times in my neck of the woods for engineers in the construction industry. The weeklies you guys used to put out where really super and fun to browse through and I am stoked to see the end result of all your labours . I hope some investors take note and you get some serious funding for a full feature film.

Really great, congratulations for all people that made it.

Taking the photo is fine, but why did he look at the photo in the van? It sure looked like he was making sure he had the right mark.

Wow congrats to all team, my first impression really positive. :slight_smile:

Really positive first impression from me as well.

Great stuff :slight_smile:

Especially people like Boris have to be careful. He tried to get an idea about how old the photo was in order to find out whether the client is actively spying on Agent 327 and possibly on him too. This may appear very far-fetched, but keep in mind that people like Boris have to be overly cautious in order to survive.

I didn’t see the mistake, nice catch :slight_smile:

Pretty Cool!

Boris is an old Thracian name, which means; to fight, to struggle. Sorry wanted to say it. :slight_smile:

what an amazing short! congrats to everyone involved!

That’s why you do storyboards to catch holes in the story like these. I was also surprised that they knew each other. That and the crazy long hairdryer cable.

Other than that it was perfect. The animation, lightning, art style, shading, seriously just perfect.

Edit: The hairdryer cable was connected to the chair.

Really good on many aspect , but too short!

Well, the full feature length continuation needs some 14m in funding. It is an article regarding this on blendernation.

Anyway, congratulations to all the crew who made this short movie. Nicely done.

This is as a project is so much better than the wasteful train-wreck known as Cosmos Laundromat (Gooseberry). Hopefully that was a wake up call and more content like this is the result.

Really nice short! The direction, music, acting and art were pretty good, I would definitely love to see an entire movie like this.

The only thing that bothered me were a few frames where the grain is really apparent (during camera fast motion) as I feel this could have been very easily fixed. And the lack of realistic motion blur (with a 180 degrees shutter angle) which made the animations feel a bit choppy.