Animating using curves and pivot point

Hello!

Im not yet familiar with bones and rigging stuff, however im doing simple animation for my needs using un-rigged simplistic character for practise and learning purposes.

Here is my problem:
I would like to animate using bezier curves, but whenever im doing that, the objects rotate around their median points (or however its called - default stuff), and not responding to my setting that it should rotate around 3d cursor position. How do i make the rotations respect set pivot point while using bezier curves?

Im trying to make his head sway around like drunk in curcular motion (hard to do with just auto-keying that makes it not very smooth and circular whatsoever), so i wanted to make smooth rotations on 2 axises with curves, but i cant when it rotates with wrong pivot point. Is there a way to make curves have other than default pivot point?

Hi,

you have to use bones. 3D cursor transform is just for building stuff (modeling etc), it has no influence on animation.

Hadrien

I would use bones, you dont even need to make a fully fleshed out rig, just where you need them.